A quiz looking at macronutrients.
1. Which of the following are the three macronutrients?
Carbohydrate, protein and fat.
Carbohydrate, protein and water.
Carbohydrate, water and vitamins.
Vitamins, protein and carbohydrate.
2. How much energy does 1 gram of carbohydrate provide?
3.75kcal (16 kJ)
3. Which of the following elements make up carbohydrate?
All of the above
4. Name the building blocks of proteins.
5. True or false? Protein from animal sources contains the full range of essential amino acids needed by the body.
6. Which of the following is not an example of a type of fat?
7. Which of the following is an example of a monosaccharide?
8. How much energy does fibre provide per gram?
4kcal (17 kJ)
9. Would honey be classed as an intrinsic or extrinsic sugar?
10. Around what percentage of dietary energy is recommended to be provided by carbohydrates?
11. True or false? If you don’t eat meat there is no way of getting all the essential amino acids.
12. Which of the following vitamins is not carried by fat?
13. How many portions of oily fish are we recommended to consume per week?
1 portion or more
14. What is the recommended maximum percentage of energy that should be provided by saturated fat?
15. True or false? Fibre is a type of carbohydrate.