A quiz looking at fibre.
1. How much energy is provided per gram of fibre?
4kcal (17 kJ)
2. Which of the following would not be a good source of fibre?
fruit and vegetables
3. Which of the following is true about dietary fibre?
Can reduce your risk of certain cancers
Will increase your risk of obesity
Will make your stools less bulky
Will reduce your gut health
4. What is the recommended fibre intake for adults in the UK?
5. What is the current mean fibre intake for adults in the UK?
6. True or false? Wholegrains tend to contain less fibre than refined cereals.
7. Which of the following are ways in which you can increase fibre in your diet?
Replace wholemeal or granary breads with white bread
Reduce intake of wholegrains
Go for potatoes with skins
Reduce intake of fruit and vegetables
8. True or false? A diet rich in fibre usually contains more starchy foods, fruit and vegetables.