A quiz looking at The Eatwell Guide.
1. How much fibre are adults recommended to consume per day?
2. Which one of the following food groups is not essential for health?
Oil and spreads
Foods high in fat, salt and sugars
Potatoes, bread, rice, pasta and other starchy carbohydrates
Dairy and alternatives
3. True or false? People with type 2 diabetes should not follow the Eatwell Guide as they require special diets.
4. How many portions of fish is it recommended that we all consume per week?
2 portions, one of which is oily
At least 4 portions, of which 2 are oily
5. Which of the following counts as 1 of your 5-A-DAY?
Fruit/vegetable juice or smoothies (150ml)
All of the above
6. How much fluid should you aim to consume per day?
As much as you can
7. Why is it not recommended to consume over 150ml of fruit/vegetable juice or smoothies per day?
As they are high in free sugars
As they are high in vitamin C
Because only water counts towards your fluid intake
As they never count towards your 5-A-DAY